BEFORE YOU START YOUR HAUL, START WITH YOUR TIRES
A pre-trip inspection is an essential part of hitting the road. Every time. That's because an inspection increases safety and maximizes uptime. Not to mention the fact that pre-trip inspections are a regulatory requirement. Make sure you own a calibrated air gauge, then follow the steps below.
THE PRE-TRIP INSPECTION IN SIX EASY STEPS:
- Check your tires for proper inflation. If a tire is 20% below its targeted PSI, it is considered flat and should be replaced. Also, dual tires should be within 10 PSIs of each other.
- Check your valve caps to make sure they are properly secured.
- Look for tread wear and check proper tread depth. Click here to learn more about irregular wear patterns.
- Check for tire cuts or bulges in the sidewall.
- Check wheel and lug nut conditions. Make sure there is no rust or bends.
- Inspect suspension components.